View Single Post
Old 26-06-19, 09:09 PM

Tried this afternoon, looked in the 3 tins I’d have expected it to be in but couldn’t find it sorry.

It is definitely somewhere, back to the drawing board. But, on the plus side I found a Connaught Rangers I thought was lost/binned plus several badges I’d forgotten I own and had been even seeking examples of. So defo worthwhile and likely saved me a few quid!

I’m absolutely certain new badges were struck like my two. The ones with scars the question is how old is an old batch. They could’ve been made the day before the new specification for slider fitting came in or they could’ve been made months or perhaps years before. Personally I suspect sooner rather than later.

Given the relatively modern period we’re talking about I’m sure the records must still exist which would settle this debate as to when orders were placed.

When you say ‘old die’ realistically the sealed pattern hadn’t changed (fitting aside perhaps) until the new QC pattern was sealed. So although the die may have been made in WW2 it was still current right up to the end of the KC period. Indeed many dies had life spans and were used to make badges for far longer periods.

Last edited by Luke H; 26-06-19 at 10:33 PM.