View Single Post
Old 25-09-20, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Thank you Mike, much appreciated.

When I joined the forum, I made sure I read the rules - it is a constant source of irritation to me in other forums when people don’t!

However, for whatever reason, I didn’t pick up on that one so I am grateful that it has been pointed out. For my infringement, I apologise wholeheartedly. Clearly I should have been more detailed in my original post.

For the record, I am not a dealer. Like many collectors, from time to time I sell spare items not in my theme to fund my own collecting theme/addiction. In this instance, a mate who had acquired these items had no ideas as to what he had (he collects medals but these items were in a joblot/spur of the moment buy). He therefore asked if I could help him out and sell the stuff on eBay, which I agreed to do. Clearly that has backfired somewhat!

No offence was intended towards the generosity of the forum membership and I fully accept my responsibility to make myself aware of the rules.
Nice one Sky Pilot.

It's refreshing to read an apology from a member when others blatantly and consistently flout/abuse/disregard rules in respect of seeking advice for the purposes of selling items elsewhere.

Regards.

Brian