Thread: Task Group Taji
View Single Post
Old 22-12-19, 11:39 PM

Hi Akiko

Unfortunetley that is all the info I have.

As with any veteran I don't drill for exacts. I'm lucky to have the patch and others from his tours.

I am extremely diligent when it comes to "elite operator" patches. So cross reference with other sources helps.

I will caution other collectors on elite patch(s),with the amount of reproductions, 2nd/3rd generation, made for collector market and the like. It is getting harder unless you can acquire from a veteran and also those who have served alongside them.

Add to all of he above,GWOT now has been going on for a few years and individuals have multiple tours and get deployed in multiple campaigns.

It is not uncommon for operators to have the same patches made in different countries either for service or because they can-they do not care about the collector market.

There is one further point to make.

When a bearded dude with tattoos walks into a embroidery vendor store and has a design and asks for x amount of patches, the vendor will make up to what they have using a computerized multiple head juki machine.

If there is remaining thread,material etc , they will have extras made, then put on the board for sale.

They also have the design on software and can make more if the demand is there.

What the collector has to watch out for are ebay vendors who have them remade incountry which is a bugger , you just have to rely on reliable sources.

I'm not trying to defend this or any other theatre made elite patch just advising collectors on what is happening.

Phill