View Single Post
Old 10-12-10, 03:34 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

To follow on from what Steve and Bill are saying, does not a coin have two sides,?

By all means defend a seller who is wrongly under attack for what ever the reason but what about reputable or at least creditable dealers who mis-describe badges to raise the value and despite being told that they are in the wrong, still continue to offer the same goods and other goods under the same description.

Surely a good honest dealer, has nothing to fear from a buyer who is unsure and asks questions, most of the dealers I have bought from are more than willing to discuss any problems that I might have.

In fact, it wasn't too long ago that I posed a doubt I had over an Irish Guards badge that I had bought in good faith ( John M may remember the occasion ), only to be told that this forum was full of people who thought they knew everything but in fact knew nothing, needless to say, I haven't re-visited his site since.

I'm not sure that I know who the dishonest inviduals are that Steve refers to and I am totally against any type of hate compaigns against decent dealers but I do think that we have to have complete clarity when discussing dealers, whom ever they might be and I would expect to be pulled up myself if someone thought I was in the wrong........

Any other thoughts ??

Dave.