View Single Post
Old 31-08-19, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeochil View Post
I rarely use Google search. I use Dissenter as a browser mainly with some Firefox. Can't remember with Brave but there were a couple of things it didn't do which is why I stopped using it on the same day I tried it. Vivaldi was another one.
I think Chrome like Firefox like FB like eBay are all too big now to kill off. Alphabet is massive and had a US$136.8 billion revenue last year with US$37B net profit.
Good luck in trying to kill that off.
Besides most people aren't savvy about browsers and the net even though they might use it every day.

I'm not suggesting a new browser will kill off Google etc. I am suggesting Chrome will be surpassed by a crypto browser like Brave - and in a much quicker time frame than what Chrome took to replace Internet Explorer.

Another thing regarding the Brave browser - you can accumulate tokens as you browse the internet. These are worth 0.176 USD today. These are very early days.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies...tention-token/

You cannot cash out at this time but you can accumulate. If the BAT/Brave system gets going these early token payments could be worth a lot more in the future. Hey - who knows - perhaps ebay will take them as a payment for for won badge auctions in a few years? Yes a BAT token might be worth $0.00 in five years. But it might also be worth $20.

Personally, I feel it's my duty to help this protect. We have to give the competition to these advertising giants (Google, FB etc) a chance. If you don't, then you must be happy being the 'product' of these companies? Because nothing will change unless we at least try something new when it comes along.