View Single Post
Old 15-02-19, 10:37 PM

Default Green slip-on loops and lanyard ID

Hi all!

Khaki Drill Officers' Service Dress jackets of Regiments which saw service in the M. East, N. Africa and the Mediterranean are some of my favourite items and I am interested in purchasing one on offer by a dealer.

It's a Royal Marines Lt. jacket and I would like to verify if he belonged to a formation which served in the aforementioned areas. I have made some research, looking at several nominal rolls and officers' cadres, since the name "Maxwell" is written on it, but unfortunately it yielded no results.

The jacket has green slip-on loops on the shoulder tabs and a green lanyard. I found that 41, 45 and 48 RM commando used coloured loops, the ones of the second being red, but haven't found any further information regarding the other two. I have also seen reference on green lanyards having been used by Beach Group Troops, green ones for "G" or "George" for example, but could find no respective nominal rolls.

There is a label, too, but I could not research any further: TD F. Grade R.M. co(mmando?) 752. Feb. 1944

Is this enough to decide on whether the jacket was worn in the Mediterranean or the Far East? Can the exact unit be identified?

I would be grateful for any information!

Regards,
Giorgos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rm1.jpg (32.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg rm2.jpg (47.6 KB, 36 views)