Thread: Help with
View Single Post
Old 21-06-16, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loski View Post
Ahh I was born in 65 but I have heard of the Kista Dan did'nt she have a sister ship the kela dan or some such, as a side my dad served on the RRS John Bisco in the early 60s
THE argies landed A DC10 on the racecourse in 65 my dad was a member of the Falkland Islands Defense Force called out along with the Marines of Naval party 8901 to keep them the argies on the aircraft. BTW my mum pushed me up in my pram to have a look at the plane. The RMS Darwin called in the Falklands twice a year I think you are thinking Of the ice patrol ship HMS Endurance that the Thacher Govt decided to scrap that gave the argies the green light to invade in 82.
Graham
Well yeah ! my memory doesn't serve me too well I'm afraid, sorry, tho' I do remember the Darwin was stopped for "economic reasons" which didn't help at all !
Yes, the sister ship to the "Kista Dan" was the "Perla Dan" ... tho' there were many other "Dan" ships, eg ; the "Anita Dan" which was sold to Britain in 1967 and renamed "HMS Endurance". Others were :
"Magga Dan", "Erika Dan", "Helga Dan", "Thora Dan" etc, etc. Quite a fleet ! The Danish seamen were, by the way, fantastic blokes. Regards Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Mc William; 22-06-16 at 08:20 AM.