View Single Post
Old 10-05-21, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
I do understand the problem you have regarding postage and customs charges which clearly make matters difficult, for me at least it does all come down to money, in particular, how this has been done.
If a flat price was agreed for the whole lot, you simply divide the sum by the number of badges received and you have an average price per badge, but, you are still left with the fakes that will have still cost you more than they are worth, but, yes they could be returned and original replacements added over time in the future.
However, if this seller has given an individual price upon each badge and then added those prices up, you would need to get that amount back, for example, take that really obvious 24th Lancers, if you have been charged £45 for that badge, you get your £45 back and move on, then that's fine.

The issue I would then have would simply be that this seller has very deliberately sold that and the others as original when they are not.

I certainly don't see anything wrong in what you are trying to do though, it is quite humbling that there are people in what was an occupied country who want a display of British Army cap badges.
Hi Frank, THANK YOU for your continued interest and help with my collection in the making. After Luke's post and my reply I send an email to the seller pointing out the number of multi-source confirmed fakes so far (19) and that I was rather disappointed by this as these had been sold to me as originals. Seller replied he would keep his promise and take everything back that was considered bad/undesirable for full money back - so in case of your example 45 GBP paid is 45 GBP returned. As you will understand I am very keen to seperate the bad from the good while I still have the opportunity to get my money back for bad examples. Therefore I hope everyone will continue to help out with this process of selection for which I continue to be very greatful. Cheers, Tom