Thread: Gun album
View Single Post
Old 25-10-14, 09:26 PM

Ive been sitting in the sidelines watching this thread grow and grow but cannot see what the problem is. If an album were to be put on for want of a better subject, locomotive name plates or species of birds in the antartic i could understand the issue. But an album on military related items...no. Have we had such debate on sweatheart badges, commando knives or even helmets none of which are military badges?? This site is and always will be about badge collecting and badge related interests. One of the main anchor interests in this hobby is an interest in the military and as such members will very likely be interested in military related items, hence the category of `other militaria`. Roy has played by the rules and has even asked the opinion of the site owner to confirm that his album is suitable which was freely given. If this were a football match the referees decision would be final!!! By removing albums of military interest that are not specifically related to military badges in my view would detract from the appeal of the forum by removing interesting military subjects other than badges. I can appreciate concern that guns have been used for some horrific civilian and terrorist purposes and must not be promoted but an album of historic guns does not promote the use of these items by these nutters with no regard for other peoples lives!
Here endeth the sermon, if you are not interested in a thread, don`t read it.
Keep smiling, Dave

PS anyone interested in my Olde Worlde Yorkshire Dialect Sayings??