View Single Post
Old 20-04-18, 01:45 AM

Default Canadian Para berets and badges

I have some Canadian para berets that trying to authenticate; I know nothing about the intricacies of these items.

1) The first is a 1974 Fleur de Lis, Beret Maroon, Dorothea Knitting Mills with non-magnetic grommets. It has an Officers two piece “Airborne Canada Aeroporte” cap badge with a tang fastener.
2) The 2nd is also maroon in shade with a “Canadian Parachute Corps” enlisted badge with a tang. Magnetic grommets.
3) The last is marked is a size 7 1/2 1945, Fleur de Lis Basque Beret from Dorothea Knitting Mills, Limited, Toronto. No visible Broad arrow or other text, non-magnetic grommets with leather reinforcing over the grommets on the inside. The two-piece “Canadian Parachute Corps” metal badge is well made (in my opinion) and in need of a good clear to remove the green corrosion (advice appreciated). Some detail of the back of the badge tang is shown. Two parallel holes, probably for original posts to the cap badge, are apparent before the slider badge has been added.

There seems to be rather a lot of the WWII era chocolate berets around currently?

I hope there is sufficient detail in the photos to determine if they are period original, made-up or outright replicas. I can add more images if required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canadian Para berets 2.jpg (67.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 74 cap badge.jpg (75.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 74 inside.jpg (90.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 74 grommets, non magnetic.jpg (52.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg enlisted badge, maroon metalic.jpg (80.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg enlisted maroon grommets.jpg (65.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1945, chocolate para beret.jpg (57.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 1945 cap badge, canadian Para Corps.jpg (64.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 45 badge construction.jpg (71.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 45 beret inside reieforcement.jpg (76.0 KB, 16 views)