View Single Post
Old 05-08-11, 10:12 AM
Peter J

(Continued from above)

11. NR.jpg

Of all the examples I have of this pre-1935 Norfolk Regiment pattern, this has to be my favourtie. Britannia is particularly well fashioned, and the shield is unusual in that the Cross of St. George has no outline (presumably a maker's variation).

12. AAC.jpg

Nothing outstanding about this little Fraser & Glass, plastic ACC cap badge, but once again, I just like it. No warping, N/S blades fully in tact, and not in bad overall condition. Just a nice little badge.

13. KRRC.jpg

I was very pleased a few months ago, to be able to add this slidered KK675 to the looped example I already had. Blacking virtually all gone, but still a very nice example with crisp lettering and long slider.

14. Wessex Obverse.jpgWessex Reverse.jpg

Just an inexpensive, little A/A cap badge to The Wessex Brigade, but I love the detail to the reverse. Always liked the Wyvern design of this badge too.

15. DSCF3364.jpg

Last family connection here. Mine Celarance Service sleeve badge worn by my Granddad (not this actual example) during his time with this unit in 1919. He had already served with the Royal Navy since 1913, and volunteered for this work when, like the other men of the MCS, could quite easily have taken a less arduous path. Brave fellows all.

16. DSCF5069.jpgDSCF5119.jpg

Here's another little cleaning project I undertook a while back. This was a sorry-looking, unloved badge with a fair bit of damage, but it cleaned up a treat. Certainly no show-stopper, but I like it.

17. General.jpgGeneral (1).jpg

This is another badge that is not going to break any hearts, but it is one of those finds that came my way for next to nothing, is in pretty decent condition, and gives me great pleasure to look at. Just a very pleasing badge.

18. DSCF4076.jpg

Next is this super Norfolk Regiment, bronze, officers' & WOs' cap badge, which came to me courtesy of forum member Matti467. Again, a pleasure to look at (in my opinion) and a welcome addition to my Norfolk collection.

19. 17th obv.jpg17th rev.jpg

Here is an ordinary Poplar & Stepney Rifles cap badge, but have a look at that slider - a work of art in itself. It's a great little badge this one, and in places where the black paint has come away, it has revealed patches of bright, shiny brass beneath, though hard to see clearly from the images.

20. KRRC 1.jpg

Here is the looped KK675, as mentioned above. Quite different from my other example.

That's my top twenty - very difficult to choose, and I am sure we could all pour over which of our badges to include for days on end.

A great bit of fun, John, and a pleasure to compile, though I wonder if, in a year's time, we will all have changed our opinions.

All the best,

Peter.

Last edited by Peter J; 05-08-11 at 04:48 PM.