View Single Post
Old 23-06-19, 02:42 PM

Having now looked at all the examples here, I have nine differing types of printed Pegasus, but, of those, there would be only four individual examples that I can say, with a degree of certainty, that would be pre August 1945.
Without actually knowing the exact date of manufacture of any particular badge, there are too many variables, fabrics, dyes, absorption and so forth, very clearly, it is pointless to merely speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrown View Post
Frank, I do agree that no one can have a definite answer about whether wartime or post war these badges can be.
The dyes variants of the most common Pegasus (coarse weave) were discussed in this thread https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=64777
I don't see too much difference in the fabric utilized for the "coarse weave" type. All the examples of this type that I've seen have pretty much the same fabric pattern.
It looks like it's not the case at all on the fine weave version and I have difficulties to admit that this can be explained by differing batches of the same fabric.
Other opinions appreciated.