View Single Post
Old 04-01-16, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
Take your pick! as I collect both I'm happy with it being either, rather fond of RA as well and its similar to the RA or RE collar badges, so its a multi grenade
Thanks Alli -- I thought it might be either, I know the grenade is used for several Reg'ts in the British Army & also over here for the old Canadian Fusiliers, now long gone.

I like the RF as I have a medal group to an 1WW pre war regular RF (2nd Bn, then 4th Bn) he ent'd in '02 & saw trench service in 1WW then, in 1917, was sent to Canada as an Instructor (he had previously transferred to the Army Gymnastic Corps & was a WO2) at RMC (Royal Military College in Kingston ON), then got a job offer at a private School in Port Hope ON so he took his discharge in 1920 & was a Physical Education Instructor & Army Cadet Officer at the school there until he retired in 1959! He had rec'd the UK Army LS medal in 1919. He was (& likely still is) the oldest recipient of the CD (Canadian Forces Decoration - our LS medal), he rec'd the CD just before he went to pension from the private school, he ran the Cadet Corps there for many many yrs. Quite a career!

However, I am going on & on & boring you! Apologies, but I love your grenade sweetheart! Keep me in mind if you ever decide to part with it..........

Bryan in COLD Canada -21 this afternoon!