View Single Post
Old 18-12-12, 04:08 PM

Default RND - Drake Bn - Thoughts Please?

To the Forum All,
Even though I'm retired Navy (United States), I have never collected any insignia from the Royal Naval Division, but found it an interesting subject. If you read the introduction to my blog, as well as the majority of pages, one of its principal purposes was to provide limited knowledge and guidance to advanced collectors as well as those just getting into the field. By no means was the blog or its detailed contents ever intended to be a be all - end all definitive error free comprehensive source of information. Being ex-Naval Intelligence I fully appreciate how presumptuous, as well as impossible, that would be. With the gracious assistance of Paddy, and other members of the Forum, I have hoped to provide guidance through my limited knowledge, and that of others who have chosen to contribute. I'm going to try and continue to do so. Hopefully what information I have provided has been accurate, and if not exhaustive, at least thought provoking. What is fascinating to me, is not only the number of hits I have had on the blog (Over 70,000 in 19 months) given the esoteric nature of the subject matter, but the extreme lack of feedback comments. This is even more amazing in light of this current extended conversation on RND cap badges, demonstrating a tremendous depth and breath of knowledge residing within the membership of this forum. Personally I feel this is precisely the purpose and goal of forums of this nature, and provide a treasure trove of fascinating information, to any and all that might be interested.
With Warmest Christmas Greetings to All and Best Wishes in the New Year,
Arnhem Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39 copy.jpg (25.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Arnhemjim; 18-12-12 at 04:26 PM.