View Single Post
Old 16-02-09, 02:49 PM

Many thanks for all the comments gentlemen.

Your Lambourne D.C.L.I. badge certainly looks to be the same as the one I have Chris, though mine seems to have suffered a bit and is now more curved in shape, with the middle of the horn slightly buckled and the slider rather bent towards its end. Mine is also quite grubby on the back compared with yours, and your slider appears to be fixed higher up on the crown – all very interesting.

I have to say that the metal on mine isn’t that thick, so maybe the one you have Jibba Jabba is a better quality strike? Perhaps the difference in the slider shape is also of some significance, but I too don’t know enough about the subject to say. To be honest I think at this stage I’m inclined to agree with Chris and Sonofacqms in as much as the one I bought does look (and feel) to be authentic.

If anyone else has other examples of Lambourne badges it would be good to see them, and any other thoughts on things so far would also be most welcome.

Regards

Martin

P.S. Thank you NorthStafford for correcting my mistake about wrongly referring to “other ranks” as “ordinary ranks” - hope the members of the Forum will forgive my ignorance in this respect!?

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 17-02-09 at 10:12 AM.