View Single Post
Old 06-06-21, 11:47 AM

Default Royal Regiment of Fusiliers "Hat Badge".

"Fusiliers Direct" the online RRF shop run by "AMMO & Co Ltd" is selling these screw post badges as "hat badges" "Cap Badge - RRF Other Rank's - Screw Fitting"

The blackened and the gilt and silver" new metal badges with long flat lugs and hackle fittings they sell (at £7.95) are labelled as "beret badges" (well, ok, the black one is labelled as a beret badge for "recce" and "snipers" or whatever).

I don't know what the purpose of this "hat" / "cap" badge is as RRF doesn't wear "caps", other then the Fusilier Cap.

I don't know what size the badge is but at £6.99 I doubt it's a return from the narrow flame RRF Fusilier Cap badge to the big old wide flame Fusilier Brigade Fusilier Cap badge.

The placement of the screw post fittings indicate that it isn't worn with a hackle.

RRF have plenty of previous for wearing beret badges with dangerously long fittings but is it a badge worn on uniform headgear?

It wouldn't sit well on a veterans baseball cap either, and they're unescessarily long for a belt plate or car badge, perhaps for a Drummers crossbelt?

I'll ask Fusilier Direct what the badge is intended for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210606-121719_Chrome~2.jpg (36.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210606-121728_Chrome~2.jpg (29.9 KB, 65 views)