Thread: a good book
View Single Post
Old 17-01-11, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sire View Post

Peter Doyle
go for an excellent book, the book that will become collectable itself, think about it for a sec. A person who is going to spend in next couple of years pile of cash would't mind to pay a little bit hight price for the book taht will save him/her a fortune ...
Thanks for the lecture; this could run and run.

I'm proud of my book and the Second World War version will be joining it on the shelves by the end of the year. Both are published by a mainstream publisher (Osprey/Shire) and are widely available for a good price. It compares favourably with other WW1 badge books on the market, and is the only one in colour. It will give a good introduction to anyone wishing to carry on in the hobby; it has received plaudits for the quality of its production. It certainly took me and my co-author a lot of time and effort to produce.

As for Soviet/Nazi badges - I can't comment, not my thing, but I can say that this fills a niche for British badges. However, this is the author speaking, so discount these comments if you wish. Your choice, your opinion.

Last edited by Peter Doyle; 17-01-11 at 10:28 PM.