View Single Post
Old 14-10-16, 05:01 PM

LOL, quite frankly, I'm more than a little sceptical about anything I might on occasion read in the Wail, but, I can only offer comment on what clearly has been written!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc14 View Post
I'm a little sceptical about the "un-named replacement" medal. If the MOD issues an official replacement medal it should be named in exactly the same way as the original with the exception of a letter "R" on the rim to indicate that it is an official replacement. A number of soldiers in the Worcestershire and Foresters Regiment had their medals stolen some years ago whilst they were away for remounting, I was instrumental in reuniting one former SNCO with his medals. The dealer in question had bought them in good faith not knowing that they had been stolen. The former SNCOs current employer bought them from the medal dealer for what they had paid for them. The former SNCO now has his original medals back in his possession, the dealer is not out of pocket (but also has not profited from this) and the employer has my greatest respect.
PL