View Single Post
Old 11-10-16, 12:51 PM

Well quite, who had access to the medals in the first place the article suggests more than one medal was "lost" I take what I read on occasion in the Daily Wail with a pinch of salt, there are no sergeants in the Household Cavalry other than those attached, but, the lost medals must have been a no brainer to investigate surely?

It sounds to me as though someone's career was saved from ignominy by the regiment.

I have to say if I was offered one or more of these medals as a job lot at a car boot sale, alarm bells would start ringing, the HCR is not the RLC, those medals are named LG or RHG/D, that medal is certainly worth rather more than a mere two hundred pounds and they only seldom turn up being offered for sale, named, to members of the Household Cavalry, if it had been an officers medal, my first thoughts would have been, certainly, probably stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
‘A couple of days beforehand, the regimental sergeant major called us into his office to show us our medals. But on the actual day we never received them.

I would say the RSM should be careful about who has access to his office

GTB

Last edited by Frank Kelley; 11-10-16 at 01:11 PM.