View Single Post
Old 02-07-13, 01:11 AM

Default Type 3 Wing

Type 3 wing – The parachute canopy shows 7 sections with reasonable detail. There are 8 ‘chunkier’ zig zag stitched shroud lines that start at the outer edges of the canopy working their way down to the maple leaf. The Maple Leaf design appears to have a crude but thicker or fuller bronze coloured Maple Leaf. The Maple Leaf itself extends slightly below the actual wings base line. The wing is stitched onto a very dark green background material.

The wings themselves are fairly flat across the top with only the very slightest curve upwards at the wing tips. When you start at the outer wing tips and work your way down, you can see each step in the row of feathering. The reverse side has a fine black cloth material. (I can’t find my lose wing to photograph the back) The canopy, shroud lines and wings all appear to be the same colour white stitching.

*** If anyone has a loose Type 3 wing that they can post a picture of the reverse side would be appreciated.***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Type 3 - front.jpg (72.2 KB, 197 views)

Last edited by cw2311; 02-07-13 at 01:50 AM.