View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
How does one identify a genuine China Labour Corps badge? I thought they were very rare but of late are coming up on many sites. There are 2 on British Empire militaria and one sold. Difficult to ascertain if they're the real thing.
Last week there was one on ebay from Barry which was different - A dragon - which sold for nearly 400 I think. It was a lovely badge not the CLC design usually seen
These are just my observations and opinions however I’m confident they’re correct.

The C.L.C badge in the first picture is copyright to the Flanders Fields Museum. Note it is rather distinct and different from the numerous C.L.C badges flooding eBay over the past few months, second picture.

Difference being:

1. Letter positions - note the C and L sit further apart on the eBay badges
2. Font - the C’s on the eBay badges are very ToysRUs and blobby; they also finish like a pair of pincers. Where the FFM badge has more regular C’s with sharp edges
3. Full stops - much deeper and more pointed on the FFM badge. Additionally the last full stop looks like an after thought nearly touching the rim and raised compared to the other 2. This is significantly different from the eBay fake where they are in a straight line, shallower and more rounded.

If I was to buy an example of this badge it would be the FFM type.

Last edited by Luke H; 12-06-19 at 04:39 PM.