View Single Post
Old 18-09-11, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
I can't agree with this comment. Knowingly selling fake badges as genuine is fraud.
You're absolutely right. Anything that is knowlingly sold as genuine that is fake is fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counsel for the Defence View Post
I'm sorry Alan, I disagree with you totally ! Unless we want a nanny state, folk must take responsibility for their own decisions and actions. Would you blame McDonalds if a morbidly obese person consumed 10 Big Macs for breakfast, lunch and dinner ?
How that can be related to people selling fakes as genuine items is beyond my comprehension.

Quote:
Sellers of restrike badges only get away with it because of the human greed factor - A Public Works Pioneer Bn. cap badge for £9.99 ! I'm afraid I don't blame the seller, I blame the buyer for failing to self-educate before going shopping.
That's actually two reasons not one. You are correct in those observations but that doesn't excuse any seller for selling fakes as genuine items. What about taking into consideration the fake item that sells for very good money even though it might eventually sell under the current perceived market price.

Quote:
Time and again members of this Forum criticise sellers for selling fakes and yet, at the same time, sit in judgement when members show their recent buys - only to be told 'sorry mate, they're crap !' Fools gold has been around for a very long time and no comment made on this Forum will change it one bit. I learned the hard way - but I learned ! Having said that, I still make mistakes. Oh to be one of the perfect ones - but who wants to live on Mount Olympus ? David
It is much better for someone to be informed that some of their items are fake than for them to believe that they are genuine. I have no problem telling someone when an item is genuine or fake.
As most know, I have a web site soley for the purpose of educating people on what is genuine and what is not and I also list a number of people and dealers who sell fake or copied items. I say to the "politically correct" people that don't like it - tough!