View Single Post
Old 17-09-11, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
I can't agree with this comment. Knowingly selling fake badges as genuine is fraud.

I'm sorry Alan, I disagree with you totally ! Unless we want a nanny state, folk must take responsibility for their own decisions and actions. Would you blame McDonalds if a morbidly obese person consumed 10 Big Macs for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Sellers of restrike badges only get away with it because of the human greed factor - A Public Works Pioneer Bn. cap badge for £9.99 ! I'm afraid I don't blame the seller, I blame the buyer for failing to self-educate before going shopping. Time and again members of this Forum criticise sellers for selling fakes and yet, at the same time, sit in judgement when members show their recent buys - only to be told 'sorry mate, they're crap !' Fools gold has been around for a very long time and no comment made on this Forum will change it one bit. I learned the hard way - but I learned ! Having said that, I still make mistakes. Oh to be one of the perfect ones - but who wants to live on Mount Olympus ? David