View Single Post
Old 11-05-15, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummajor View Post
Been through the whole process again, I have a straight forward mastercard, I use it every day. This mob say they cannot verify my card.????

Phil.
Phil,

It turns out that setting up an eBook for electronic distribution/download is every bit as difficult as writing the book in the first place Damn and blast

We've found that Gumroad can be 'finicky' to use as authors... and Gumroad INSISTS on getting you to give credit card details (which I personally dislike). Gumroad is adamant that it wants nothing to do with PayPal. To address both problems, we've put the same 30 page free extract and the same 614 page eBook up on paddle.com They accept PayPal... and while credit card and PayPal all plunder us with bloody fees... at least PayPal means that only one internet entity has your identifying details.

Finally, if anyone wants to look me up on 'faceblab', there's a post there with a specific link to paddle's publishing site, which you can follow. Otherwise, just 'private message' me (if you like) and I'll email you the details. Alternatively, as Mick has kindly stated above, he can certainly put any of you in touch with either Arthur or I (as you prefer).

Again thanks to all of you, for taking an interest in our work... we hope what we've done so far to be useful. Oh and yes, we expect you will be critical... we aren't perfect and there will always be variations we have not seen and not recorded. We think that collectors will point out all sorts of 'lost history' before we look at putting a second edition out at some point in the future. Because eBooks can be updated far more easily and cheaply than hard copies... we'd like to think of the eBooks as a work in progress?

Regards

Mark Corcoran