Thread: LRDG
View Single Post
Old 19-12-19, 12:11 AM

Default Interesting ..

As I am the seller of these two badges I am intrigued by this thread .. I am not an expert on LRDG badges, so have no idea if a sand cast version should have a hollow back or not.
I do know that I bought these from a very reputable dealer, who has dealt in LRDG stuff for many years, and would never sell a fake . I do know the cap badge was used by Pitway in his book, so I am not sure they can be dismissed as "crap" .
They were bought by me, on an auction, with many others bidding, who know a lot more than I do.
I bought them for my own personal collection as can be seen by the invoice, I most certainly am not trying to overcharge anyone !
As I no longer collect I decided to sell them.

I have emailed the dealer ,whom many on this forum know and respect, asking for any more info which I will post once I get it ...

But as one or two on this thread are suggesting that I am knowingly selling fakes or do not accept returns?? ..B.S.

I have been a long time collector and dealer of South African border war militaria and know well enough to seldom cry fake, as there so many exceptions to various " rules". My general rule of thumb is that you can spot a fake as they are so badly made - these are not.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1480.jpg (85.3 KB, 186 views)