View Single Post
Old 26-05-09, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ticker' Riley View Post

Intriguingly it turns out that the Birmingham Post carried a brief article in their issue for 21 November 2002 entitled ‘Firmin is facing unusual legal action’, in which it said that they had “become embroiled in a legal row over the right to use the trading name of J R Gaunt, the business it acquired more than ten years ago” after another company “founded only last year” claimed it had the right to use the Gaunt name. The ‘new’ J. R. Gaunt & Son Limited were actually threatening legal action against Firmin, but Firmin’s then Director Mr Frederick Hsu, who thought the situation was “quite extraordinary”, was apparently taking advice at that point. At present I do not know the outcome of any of this, but still thought members of the Forum might be interested in things.

Regards

Martin
Sounds crazy Martin - Firmin being threatened legal action for using their own property. I can't understand how the trading name of J.R. Gaunt & Son Ltd could have been re-issued. At company office in New Zealand even if the name sounds like one in existence or even if recently wound up it will be rejected and the attempted user of the name asked to think of another.

Yes, I'd be keen to keep up with this if you have acquire more information.

Regards

Chris