View Single Post
Old 22-04-09, 12:16 PM

Default Gaunt Restrikes, etc.

I have read elsewhere that at some point Gaunt’s original dies found there way into the hands of a third party, who then went on to use them to restrike many of Gaunt’s badges. I have also seen that a company was supposedly registered specifically to restrike Gaunt’s badges, though how true this is and when this was I do not know? Nevertheless it is interested to note that according to Companies House’s on-line WebCHeck facility a company called “JR Gaunt & Son Limited” was incorporated as recently as November 2002, with its registered office at 20-22 Bedford Row in London. This was after another company had been incorporated in July of the same year called “Gaunt Limited”, also with its registered office at the same address. Neither of these companies appear to have any connection with the original “J.R.Gaunt & Son, Limited”, which eventually became part of The Firmin Group in 1991. In fact the “JR Gaunt & Son Limited” that was set up in 2002 seems to be connected with Cleave & Company Ltd, who style themselves “Creators of Insignia, State Gifts and Objets d’Art”. I wonder if Kevin’s trip to Companies House might tell us any more about this?

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 02-06-09 at 07:22 PM.