View Single Post
Old 17-09-18, 04:45 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
Phil,

No need to use single syllables (albeit you didn’t) I can read, rather I just couldn’t believe what I was reading or that you believed such nonsense. British manufacturers, even ones which used marks, did not mark every single slider. Most conclusive of all if you look at the badges you’ll see many have a small flaw on the scroll border above the first A of Australian i.e. they’re from the same die. This flaw appears on badges without and with the variety of single and the double marks. As BC says you’re wrong, which I knew and was what I was driving at in a polite way, next time I will be more blunt.

Regards,

Luke
Hi Luke

Sorry for being slow to come back to you on this one.

As far as I knew and to the best of my knowledge the Tiptaft Rising Suns only came double marked, the one that I have is double marked and Ive never seen one that isn't. However Im happy to be corrected by BC and apologise to you for being so pedantic, this was however an honest error on my part.

These badges have been discussed many times in the past and as far as I know these facts have never come out previously.

So Im happy to be corrected and to apologise to you for my mistake.

Regards

Phil.