View Single Post
Old 16-05-21, 03:05 PM

Default ZAR Fake Badges?

Hi, in my opinion these badges are fakes. They have definitely been copied off of the Johannesburg Vrijwilliger Corps badge. These are supposed to be Ermelo and Pretoria. They are well aged, but I am of the opinion that they are clever fakes. I got them from Kaplan Auctions. My suspicions have been compounded this past week when another Johannesburg badge(second one in 2 months and not very common) as well as Krugersdorp, Ermelo and Pretoria badges in "Grey Metal" were offered on Kaplan Auctions. Whoever bought them please beware. I am of the opinion that they are also fake. I would be very careful of buying anything on Kaplan Auctions at the present time as someone is placing these items to be auctioned here. Either Kaplan is lacking in knowledge on these badges or doesn't care. I called him about the first 2 badges that I bought and told him that they were copied off of the JVC badge. If this was done in the correct period and worn or not, I did not know. He is aware that they are likely not good, but he says that they come from an old collection. Please be very careful of these items. Regards Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZAR Fakes.jpg (52.7 KB, 46 views)