View Single Post
Old 15-05-21, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
A friend of mine bought a "buy it now" Staffordshire Constabulary KC silver cap badge. He contacted me to tell me of his magnificent find and how pleased he was. I enlightened him that it was a total "dud" and that such a badge never existed in "silver". He immediately contacted the seller who agreed to cancel the order and refunded his payment. So, if you buy such a thing and don't like it, send it back. Simples, as they say. You are entitled to change your mind as the law currently stands and ask for your cash back. He found the seller quite pleasant and indeed a careful examination of the description indicated that the badge was a reproduction, which if the buyer had bothered to look would have been evident.

Dave.
I feared this would be the case with that seller. His silver voided KC Para badges similarly sold like hot cakes. They were of course all cast copies made in silver with modern hallmarks.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=83251

As you say it was there all along in the description for every perspective buyer to read.

I wonder how many, in similar haste, seeing what they thought was a rare silver officers badge worth (if original) several hundred pounds listed at ‘only’ £50 BIN in case of the Paras just clicked buy.