View Single Post
Old 19-02-18, 08:36 PM

Default 2 Interesting French Badges

Have been going through boxes of late. These 2 have been set aside with a note to find more information.

The first is a collar badge. My recollection is the badge had come with some other French items from the Indochina era. However I have been unable to find any reference or a similar piece in my searches.

Second is a badge that appears to commemorate the battle of Messifre or Moussiefre. This being a battle between French forces against Druze Rebels. The French force initially being made up of French Foreign Legion soldiers. One of which was the 4th Squadron of 1st REC "Foreign Cavalry Regiment" and may correspond to the 1 in the center of the badge.

The battle took place during the Syrian revolt of 1925-1927. The badge itself is thinly stamped and consisting of 3 pieces to include the pin. The Legion 7 flame grenade and central device set against an approximate representation of the Croix de Guerre.

If anyone has any additional information on either of these it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Jack

http://