View Single Post
Old 19-11-19, 02:21 AM

Sad news from Australia.

I first met 'Badjez' back in 2012 when I was researching anodised aluminium cap badges in the UK. We met at the local railway station and he took me to his house on the outskirts of Luton. He had, if I remember, a quite small collection compared to many but what he had was always top quality with many rare pieces.

We kept in touch over various forms of documentation and the odd "rare 'un" that occasionally came our ways.

Unfortunately, Stephen's health deteriorated over the years to the most debilitating condition when communication was only possible via his keyboard having lost even his power of speech. A most distressing way to see ones days out. However, Stephen always retained his sense of humour and took a positive approach to his condition. 'Black humour' was always to the front and while I should have known better he did make me laugh on many occasions regarding his predicament.

A special note must be made to Helen who nursed him at home for many years caring for all of Stephen's needs. There is nothing more noble than caring for the sick and Helen is to be remembered and admired for her long and continued devotion to our former forum member.

Chris Marsh

New Zealand

Last edited by hagwalther; 19-11-19 at 06:22 AM.