View Single Post
Old 23-03-08, 01:10 PM

Stanley,
The answer is yes, I am sure there is a lot of interest in military history here as well the collecting side of the subject.

Attached is a picture of badges worn by the Home Guard only from K and K Vol 2.

I recently tried to put together a list of the second phase Lancashire Home Guard units and their affiliations ( will try and attach a copy )

As well as "Stand Down " mentioned by BWEF, there are a number of articles in the MHS Bulletin by Prof. Charles Thomas on Home Guard insignia .You may know that many of the Home Guard Units of Cornwall had their own Div Signs and list of the County abbreviations ( Distinquishing Letters ) is given in Formation Badges of WW2 by Howard Cole. A lot of Home Guard units published their historys and I have the history of the 89th County of Lancaster ( Liverpool ) Battalion Home Guard ( the same unit ,to which the only Liverpool Home Guard designation I have ,belongs by a happy coincidence )

There was an article in a recent MHS Bulletin on Liverpool Home Guard Pipe bands by someone who`s name escapes me.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6159.jpg (50.2 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6161.jpg (54.0 KB, 110 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”