View Single Post
Old 23-03-08, 09:18 AM

I think you will find a fair bit about Home Guard insignia from various books and articles and generally yes Battalions did wear the cap badges to those regiments to which they were affliliated ( in both periods that the Home Guard was in existance).

There are some interesting badges worn only by Home Guard units and a lot of these like the Isle of Man Home Guard badge have been reproded to death.

More interesting is what has happened to all the original are designations, I was talking to a fellow collector a couple of weeks age and we were both surprised at how difficult they were to find. I have only been able to add one with a connection to the Kings Liverpools in many years collecting.
If any one has any spare West Lancs designations I would be most interested in doing a deal.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6151.JPG (35.7 KB, 16 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”