View Single Post
Old 20-09-18, 08:03 AM

Default UPDATE

Just an update for anyone who has been following this project...

Since commencing the recording and cataloging of the other ranks' badges of the QRWS Regiment, newly 'discovered' variants necessitated the restructuring of the classification system I previously had in place. In effect this resulted in me producing a slightly more simplified system, which I hope brings into sharper focus the subtleties and differences of the numerous variants of this particular badge.

To date, sixteen different dies have been recorded, and whilst it has been possible to identify a number of these dies as being produced by specific manufacturers, many remain as yet unassigned.

For those wishing to reference variants, please now disregard the 'CV' prefix outlined in the opening post of this thread. Variants are now arranged simply as 'types' (Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, Type 5 and Type 6) each populated by their own group of sub-variants, and all of which can now be viewed in the album linked below.

My aim has been to provide and exhaustive 'catalogue', covering every single die and variation. At the time of writing I am resonably confident that this may have been realised, but as we all know with badge collecting, never say 'never'.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=3521

Regards,

JT

PS - I might just add; for anyone wishing to view the album, a brief description of the cataloguing/number reference system is provided in the album description. I have had a couple of emails asking me to include this information. This is because the system has been amended since I submitted the OP above, and as such, the CV ref number criteria info in post #1 are now pretty much redundant and should therefore be more or less disregarded... but all now clarified in the album description

Last edited by Jelly Terror; 20-09-18 at 03:43 PM.