Thread: Stalking
View Single Post
Old 12-11-16, 01:06 PM

Default Stalking

I was very pleased to have won this pouch to the 6th V.B. Kings Liverpool Regiment in last weeks Bosley auction.

It is like an old friend, I am sure it is the pouch I saw when a dealer from the Wirral was selling it as part of a collection on behalf of a collector about 10 years ago.

I am also pretty sure the collection was bought by a collector from the outskirts of Liverpool who at the time was buying anything with a Liverpool connection at any price.

When the collectors circumstances changed he sold all his collection to a well know dealer from Staffordshire.

The pouch was then sold on to a former member of the Forum based in Luxemburg. He very kindly supplied some photographs of the pouch to me.

The pouch then turns up at Bosleys last week and is now in my collection.

Looking at a replaced part of the silver lace and the state of the velvet around the Liver Bird I am 99.9% sure this is the same pouch I have known about for Years.

Collecting militaria is a surprisingly small world !

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”