View Single Post
Old 30-10-10, 10:09 PM

Ive just recieved this today,may solve the mystery.

"I've spoken to one of our recently retired officers, who was a cadet in that early post war period and then an Officer with the unit from the early 90s until last year. In the time you specified we wore the Buckinghamshire Battalion badge. I attach two examples - 1 with the Kings crown and 1 with the Queen's crown. So far as I am aware the shift to the RGJ badge in the 90s was never top authorised (in other words we never officially affiliated to an RGJ unit), and although it was worn by some of the Officers and SNCOs, as I recall when I was posted to the unit in 2004 the majority of Cadets wore a red and black cloth badge that was the Buckinghamshire Battalion Badge. In September 2007 when I took command of the unit I arranged with the then OC 7th Battalion the Rifles to formally affiliate to his unit, and since then we have worn the Rifles cap badge.The army section of the RGSHW CCF has recently been rebranded as Youens Company by the new OC Army."
Yours sincerely J W TITCHEN Sqn Ldr RAFVR(T)OC RGSHW

From what the OC has sent me ,it would seem to indicate that the black Bucks Btn badge should be labelled as High Wycombe Grammar School.