View Single Post
Old 06-02-21, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum but looking for some help please. I apologise if I am vague with details but I am sure that you will understand why until I have resolved this matter. I was browsing the internet earlier today with regards to my wife's great uncle who was killed in ww2 and who at the moment shall remain nameless. I was amazed to see that in November last year his war medals and some related documentation came up for sale at an auction house in England. They were sold. Further investigation revealed that they have since been sold on again on an online auction site. All well and good except for the fact we have his war medals and related documentation in the family and have had them since or not long after his death. My question is what is my best course of action now?
Many thanks in advance.
If there are any offences disclosed, it would be for the person who parted with cash and who bought the (dodgy?) medals to make the complaint. If anyone was duped it was that person. Not you. Ideally, you need to make contact with that person, if you can track him down. He should then take his complaint to the appropriate trading standards dept. I would not even attempt to get the police involved. They would simply point you (or him) in the direction of trading standards.

Dave.