View Single Post
Old 18-01-21, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
It’s unfortunate that the lists Ticker created don’t show what war work the different companies undertook as the excerpts I show does, he states they were for badges metal but it does not correlate with the lists I accessed which were requested by Parliament.
I wouldn’t necessarily trust Parliament or government’s records finding ability. Ticker had the gazettes, a primary source, at hand when he completed his work.

Access requests to any public body are dependent on the person they make search and collate records/data. Speaking as one who has done this I know error of some degree is to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
I will go through these company names and provide the specific details what they made over the next week or so
His lists do not show any ref to FN contracts neither, where have their dies came from ??
I’m inclined to agree regards FN. Personally I’ve always felt they were not a WW1 manufacturer but a later one. This is why I do not have their all GM South Wales Borderers badge in my 1916 economy collection. That particular badge is a mystery. Mounting my own hobby horse I can say I both dislike and avoid them due to so many FN badges being restruck from the original dies.

I do not however believe many makers have suffered this albeit Woodward and Gaunt have to some limited degree.