View Single Post
Old 06-03-11, 11:18 PM
martin gregory

Default doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright241 View Post
TynesideIrish,
Thanks. The pipers badge came from the same source as an Officers NF 1st Vol Batt helmet plate. I'll take a pic of the complete hallmark, ltrs etc tonight - but from memory it was a "c" - not sure of the her font type though. Its also got "J.Stewart" scratched on it - very roughly - not sure whether this was the original owner or not? - the owner also told me that someone had borrowed the badge from his father - seemingly to make a solid silver copy - the original is hollow. I'll see what I can do this evening.

I have enclosed a front and rear picture of another TI badge - which I now assume to be a fake as well... its unmarked and not as sharp at the from as the re-strikes??

Rgds David
Hi David, just caught this very informative thread via another, did this TI come from me along with the 3vb and the others? If so my mistake and I'll refund, keep the badge. Just to say neither my father or I were aware that the guy that leads our local remembrance parade was going to copy the h/m 3rdvb, we found out after the fact and much hassle to get it returned minus patina. the comment is a little ambiguous. people on this forum rightly abhor fakery and i don't wish to be tarred. obviously I was upset but powerless and aside from it potentially devaluing the original led (mentally) along with my daughters needs (practically) to throwing the towel in.

incidentally as well as the four known (in NF circles) originals when i first put the plaid badge up on e bay a lady from birmingham contacted me saying she had one too. So five.

Now where's that towel. Best, Martin