View Single Post
Old 14-04-18, 05:31 PM

It'd be better to pay more for one in a more complete condition but £40-45 I think would be okay.
I'd keep it as is, rather than repaint etc, I feel that if people do that then it makes more sense to buy a repro. rather than destroy the originality.
Check for the markings in the neck guard and make sure that the vent fittings have been fitted and "lost" - the British made 1,000 "M35s" during WWII for training purposes, complete with the army shield decals (noticeably poor imitations different to the originals), liners (British but on a German style band), liner studs, and chinstraps but they just had the vent holes stamped through and with no fittings.
If it's one of those then it's scarcer than an M35 and really not something to "restore", although it's not an "SOE helmet" as some sellers have claimed.
Of course, if you're paying the money it's up to you whether you give it a rub down, coat of body filler and a splash of paint. Or beat it with a hammer. Or attack it with an angle grinder...........