View Single Post
Old 31-08-11, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkoch View Post
A few more questions, our costumer wants to get the details down so the items can be ordered.

Let me see if I have this right.
Jungle uniform, with no insignia directly attached.
Brassard or wrist band (which wrist?) with subdued insignia crown over downward pointing chevrons (where does the 'bomb' go on the brassard/wrist band?).
Dark blue beret with Royal Engineer's pin.
Black combat boots with trouser twists attached and wrapped around hem of trousers to 'blouse' them.
58 pattern belt. (anything appropriate to have clipped to that belt?)

Also regarding the beret, the play takes place indoors. I know the US Military require the removal of headgear when indoors, so if British military does too, Froggy would only be wearing it during his several entrances/exits. What does one do with a just removed beret when indoors? I've seen movies where its tucked under the arm, or folded and put under the shoulder epaulets. Suggestions?

And again, thanks all.
JD
Hello again,

The EOD badge can be stiched to the left upper arm of the jungle shirt/jacket. The sleeves should be folded to the width of a cigarette packet to well above the elbow.
The rank is worn on the right arm / wrist only. A wrist band can be made easily from some olive green cloth. A simple band will do, it should measure approx' 2 1/2 inches deep and use velcro to fasten it, a subdued SSGT rank patch can be sewn on to it.

Boots, black combat or, U.S. Issue jungle boots as these were issued and many of us had them as private purchase items anyway.

Nothing needs to be attached to the belt but a plain olive green, Cammo material, or leather Jack knife pouch would not be out of place worn on the left side. Royal engineers were issued and always carried a stainless steel Jack Knife with Marlin spike. (See image)

The Beret should never be placed under the epaulette, it can be rolled and tucked behind the belt loop at the small of the back or put into the leg pocket in the trousers.

The common trend seems to be that Combat uniforms are not presssed but this would not be the case at the time that your are playing. The shirt collar would have been pressed open and flat against the garment but the trousers
would not have to have a crease at the front.

The beret will have to be shaped to fit using hot and cold water and should be brushed clean, fuzz can be removed with a razor and sticky tape is a good way to remove fluff.

Regards

Ry

Last edited by Charlie585; 04-06-12 at 02:58 PM.