View Single Post
Old 20-02-21, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
Yes.

I would say it’s far better than 99% of the cast Indian badges I’ve ever seen.

Given it’s marked and neither said mark nor the badge are known fakes it’s surely more logical to say you would want some evidence it’s NOT made by Lambourne... ???

Lambourne are infamous for their lack of finesse in badge designs. The quality too is also synonymous with them.
With all due respect, I must strongly disagree it is better than most Indian cast badges. I have been collecting Indian Army badges for over thirty years and have among them only half a dozen or so that would rate on a par with this particular badge. I have had some worse than that, but made upgrades going along. Additionally, none have ever had blades, lugs, or sliders, so poorly attached.
I certainly agree that many badges made during the war, including some by Woodward, are not very well made; I am referring to the standard OR issue die struck badges however.
If the blade on that badge did not have that admittedly original appearing mark, I suspect the badge would have been summarily poopooed.
I am not aware that Lambourne made any cast OSD badges. If I am mistaken, please correct me.
A makers mark does not guarantee authenticity, as we are all aware.

CB

Last edited by cbuehler; 20-02-21 at 02:48 AM.