View Single Post
Old 30-01-23, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin 17 View Post
Very nice! Great to see a bit of Canadian militaria, it's not that common. Its a beautiful helmet. The Strats are a sister regiment to the 17th Lancers which is the main Regt I collect to. Never worked with the Strats only the RCDS and 8th Canadian Hussars now only a Reserve Regt.

I have a Dragoon helmet that has holes in not the usual place for a D or DG plate so I assume it is for a Yeomanry one, just trying to find the right badge. Nice to see yours. It would have a nice home up here if it likes the cold.....

Colin
Hi Colin,

Thank you for your note! I am really pleased with this helmet... in very nice condition. I also have a helmet in my collection to the Princess Louise's (Canadian) Dragoon Guards. I don't know I think the Strathcona helmet is pretty happy here in a warmer climate!

Is your helmet with mounting holes a white metal helmet and are there three holes in a triangular pattern with one center top and two equal distances at the bottom above the waist trim opposed to the typical four-hole arrangement? Interestingly my Strathcona helmet has three original mounting holes in the pattern described (original with no other mounting holes) that correspond to three original mounting lugs on the helmet plate. I have seen this same arrangement of three mounting holes and three lugs on a couple of white helmets and corresponding helmet plates belonging to the Governor Generals Body Guard.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Princess Loiuse's Dragoon Guards X1.jpg (82.9 KB, 14 views)