View Single Post
Old 14-08-14, 10:22 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2747andy View Post
David,
To be honest I think Mark has had a bargain and probably paid £50-60 less than its true worth (?), the other one at £225 is also a snip and had I not recently acquired one I would have snapped it up! (I see that one has now gone too ).

This is yet another badge, that has been faked that much that it reduced the selling price of originals as people are reluctant to splash the cash in cash they end up with a dud!

I had gone 40 years without seeing a genuine example of this rare badge on the open market and within the space of a few weeks three have appeared, perhaps just a fluke but these are pretty scarce badges!

Andy
Andy,
I was in the same boat for years with this one and then all of sudden I managed to get a HMS one, a "normal" one - all within the space of about 6 months (before that it was almost a pipe-dream)... The "ex-pattern card" version that came from another KeithB via Bosleys was the icing on the cake for me.
You are probably right about the price as I always forget about inflation and just how long ago it was when I got mine. Doesn't time just fly....
All the best, David