View Single Post
Old 06-01-09, 01:29 PM

hi, i collect civil defence insignia also, and can very much recommend the John Mills book as your best reading option. most of the pictured material is very high end / hard to find C/D collecting, but theres a lot of common material in there also. John can alse be found on ebay selling the occasional home front gem. regards online, theres the occasional mention of things, but i dont recall finding anything amazing regarding collecting C/D insignia. i do have my own very old and out of date website http://www.freewebs.com/jonnynation/...ceinsignia.htm sorry for the blurryness of pictures!.

i have a table which i use to manage my primary title collection, and a couple of others. if your interested, i can email that to you for your interest. on it, i list all titles that i see on the market, or am informed about to add to the list. im currently up to 87 different position titles e.g. warden, headquarters (but some are a bit fishy) and 237 different area titles (e.g. york, dorset). ive started to list WVS titles and the red on black titles (believe some are AFS, but others are likely BRC) and most importantly the boxed first pattern area titles.

i have been tempted to start up a facebook group for it, easiest way to talk and discuss about different items i think... just havent got around to it yet.

i have lots of spare stuff if your interested, to trade / sell. quite a variety of cloth insignia, most armbands, some metal insignia, buttons. when i find c/d insignia it tends to come in batches. i have more warden, welfare and rescue titles than i can handle... there was a guy on ebay trying to sell a batch of 1000 warden titles, that made me feel a bit better about my massive surplus of junk!

regards, sean