View Single Post
Old 03-10-10, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbrits View Post
Hi Chris,
Better stick to the rules then!
Still, we are getting a fair few examples amongst the Forum members and should reach the 20's shortly. Which is many more than I thought wold have been made with brass or steel sliders.
Best Regards
UKbrits
Hi UKBrits,

At the moment you can say that:

"The following badges were known to have been manufactured with a non A/A slider. Information was obtained from members of the British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum who held such item in their collections. This information was collated between 1st October 2010 and <end date>. Other examples that may also exist from various sources not included in this exercise".

If you add extra badges from:

"...my mate used to have one - er, I think..."

type input then the exercise loses all credibility. While the IWM has such items one could say that:

"It is believed that other examples of such items such as the QC small Essex Yeomanry by Turner & Simpson with brass slider exists in the Imperial War Museums sealed pattern card collection as viewed by a collector of aonodised aluminium cap badges".

This splits up the results into what can easily be verified as required (i.e. ask the owner for a image) and a probable (collector may be wrong and to obtain verification would involve making an appointment with the museum to verify).

But, you need to keep away from rumours of badges.

Regards

Chris