View Single Post
Old 22-03-19, 12:02 AM

Personally I would suggest best way to view miscoloured or error anodised badges is the same way that stamp collectors view miss-struck or printed off centre stamps (I'm sure you know what I mean). They are interesting oddities and have a place in some collections and others not.

Most - I emphasise most not ALL - non regular colouring are indeed manufacturing errors. I have loads of completely incorrect coloured badges. How about a gold coloured Royal Green Jackets cap badge? Yep, I've got one.

What you will find is there are recidivist manufacturers. London badge and button throw up loads of errors, less so Gaunts. I cant think of any other badge errors with an early pattern Smith & Wright slider as Stephens above, but I'm sure there will be some.

The silver RLC are as Chris describes above. The central shield is silver, however the remainder of the badge is VERY, VERY subtly different. In truth, so little that visually it looks all silver, but it isn't. If I recall they were made locally in haste for the inaugural parade . . . ?

Regards all

Bess

Last edited by bess55; 22-03-19 at 12:31 AM. Reason: typo