View Single Post
Old 31-03-21, 09:18 PM

Default Thought I Bought an A&S Glengarry - Badge Does Not Match

Hello!

I collect post-1953 Scottish Regimental headgear (UK and Commonwealth) and finally found a reasonably priced Argyll and Sutherland glengarry with an inspector mark. No badge, but I already have either an anodized or white metal badge to put on it. However, when I went to attach the badge, the holes do not line up with the lugs. Also, there appear to be 3-4 holes, not 2.

The horizontal holes are approximately 1 1/4 inches (3 1/4 cm). The rosette shows the outline of a badge, which closely matches the outline of the A&S badge, but again, holes do not line up with the lugs. (See pictures)

I would really appreciate help identifying which badge should go with the glengarry.

On another note, in the same box I received a South Africa Transvaal Scottish glengarry. (See pic) Seller had the red hackle behind the badge in their pics. Must have "fell off" in transit. I have tams for the Cape Town Highlanders and First City Regiments. Trying to find a Pretoria Highlanders tam or glen, but no luck yet. However, sometimes the hunt is as fun as the purchase.

I will create an album and post pics of my collection soon. Covers regular line regiments and reserve support units for the UK.

Again, any help identifying which badge might go on this A&S glen would be very appreciated. I thought maybe affiliated Reserve or OTS. Or maybe Canadian, but not with the inspector mark.

Cheers,

Reid

TS Glengarry.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-4 Badge Holes.jpg (115.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Distance Between Holes.jpg (74.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Imprint of Badge on Rosette.jpg (63.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg A&S Badge - Distance Between Lugs.jpg (69.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Cotterpin Imprint.jpg (45.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Inspector Mark.jpg (63.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Cotton Ribbon Tails.jpg (43.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Reid10; 31-03-21 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Poor title