View Single Post
Old 01-08-11, 01:14 AM

I suppose your saying the British should stump up the money for the defense of others. I can tell you this, the American's are sick of funding NATO at 80%. And then only two chip in the actualy honour the alliance - and guesss what both Anglo-Saxon.....

There's only so far the statement "My army is not permitted to fight outside my boarders" garbage you can take. And the your ignorant of the facts if you think posturing about standing at the ramparts alone, weathering some storm alone etc, is a noble thing. But the only way you can have a fully manned army bigger than the other larger economies have in Europe is to cull a few old people and the handicapped; maybe get the money that way.

If someone can give me 5 FACTUAL advantages to the nation (question both for the US and UK) of the last 10 years of war and I'll leave it there. No jingoism, no nonsense on keeping it away from our shores etc. Rock solid achievements, other than the best prosthetics in a generation. You may be right they are volunteers, but I bet loosing a leg as an "Auxiliary" to a foreign power can be a bit galling. Following was never our way, and should never be again. Make your own destiny and let others fulfill their own.

Last edited by LONGSHANKS; 01-08-11 at 01:39 AM.